These creamy cheesecake bars are dreamy. An easy recipe that strikes a balance between decadence and smart choices: Snickers bars, meet low sugar, 1/3 less fat cream cheese and Chobani Greek yogurt.
Why haven’t I thought of this combination before?
Begin by making the crust: grind 6 graham cracker sheets until they’re fine crumbs. Mix it with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, then press into the bottom of an 8×8 foil-lined baking dish. Pre-bake for 8 minutes, then let cool.
Ready for the filling?
To make this cheesecake goodness, begin using an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Then add the vanilla Greek yogurt, egg whites, sugar and flour. After a good mix, stir in the vanilla extract.
Now for the fun part (no snacking!).
Chop up the three Snickers (reserve about 1/8 cup) and fold into the cheesecake filling. Top with remaining Snickers and bake for 20 minutes. over with foil then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Now the hard part. You need to let the cheesecake cool at room temperature, then in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. I promise it’s worth it!
Serve these delicious cheesecake bars at your next party! Don’t be surprised if you become the most popular neighbor on the block. 🙂
- 3/4 cup (or 6 full sheets) cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 8x8 baking dish with foil, including up the sides of the dish (no greasing necessary).
- Prepare the crust: use a blender or food processor to grind the graham crackers to fine crumbs. Add them to a bowl, then mix with butter. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the foil-lined baking dish. Bake the crust for 8 minutes (uncovered), then cool before adding the filling.
- Make the filling: use an electric mixer to cream the neufchâtel cheese until fluffy (~1 minute). Add the yogurt, egg whites, sugar and flour. Mix for about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, mix again for 30 seconds.
- Fold in the Snickers bars, reserving about half of one bar to sprinkle on top. Pour into the prepared crust, then top with remaining candy bar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, then cool for a minimum of 3 hours.
- To cut into squares, lift the cheesecake by the foil sides. Slice with a sharp knife.
- Store in the refrigerator.