These Spiced Chai Tea Cookies are meant to complement your afternoon (or morning, I’m a cookie monster, too!) coffee or tea.
They’re buttery tea cookies, with hints of chai spices and do well when dunked into your favorite hot beverage. I love that they are so dainty and small. In that way, they remind me a lot of Girl Scout Trefoils cookies.
I have to admit, my favorite step was creating the fork marks on the dough.
Enjoy these cookies as an after dinner dessert with a cuppa tea. Just make sure it’s a good one, like Twinnings!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, vanilla and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, pepper, baking powder and flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well.
- Scoop small balls of dough, making each about 2 inches in diameter. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. If you like, press a fork on top of each dough ball (pictured below).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.