You know a good corn muffin in the first bite. The perfect balance of sweet and grainy cornmeal, with a sticky top.
This is literally the only corn muffin recipe I ever use (thank you, Neely’s!). They’re fantastic for breakfast (lightly toasted with a smear of butter) or (more frequently in our house) for dinner alongside pulled pork.
If you’re looking to take this recipe to the next level, add a handful of chopped sweet corn kernels to the batter. Enjoy!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spritz cups with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, mix milk, butter, eggs and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir well.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly brown.
- Looking to take this recipe to the next level? Add chopped sweet corn to the batter.