Making your own icing is easy! This Vanilla Cinnamon Icing is truly fabulous and pairs well with any cake that is autumn-esque (yes, I just made that a word).
Need convincing? If you make your own icing, your wallet will love you for saving money and your friends will be envious of your culinary abilities (just don’t tell them it takes 5 minutes to make).
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened and slightly melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Use a mixer with a whisk attachment (or a whisk, large bowl and your muscles!), to blend the powered sugar and butter together.
- Mix until combined and then add your vanilla and cinnamon until fragrant.
- Using a spoon (or shot glass like I did!), slowly pour the milk into the mixture until smooth an spreadable.
- Best Part: Taste test to make sure you have enough vanilla and cinnamon. And, to make sure you added the right amount of milk to make a smooth icing.
- Tip: If you added too much milk, just add a little bit more powered sugar. Your end product should have a peak (see photo).