If the sun hasn’t been up for more than 4 hours, then quick and easy is my one and only mantra. These fun Egg Muffins are just that… basically a few chops, a scramble, a mix, then baked for 30 minutes. You don’t have to stop at breakfast either. Have one of these alongside a salad for lunch, or as an incredibly lazy dinner like I did last week (hah!).
Consider these egg muffins to be quiche without the crust. You’ll love adding your favorite ingredients: broccoli, garlic, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, the list goes on forever! I chose to go the veggie route, but that’s completely up to you. Mine were soooo savory with pieces of potatoes and veggies throughout. In retrospect, I regret not adding bacon. But who wouldn’t?
Once you have everything chopped and mixed, start pouring! I had just enough for 6 muffins. If you’d like larger muffins, just add another egg or two to this recipe.
And there you have it. An awesome breakfast, light lunch or lazy dinner. Just my style. 🙂
- 5 large eggs, scrambled
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach (if using frozen, defrost and squeeze dry)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup breakfast potatoes (click for recipe)
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients - eggs, spinach, garlic, tomato, potatoes, basil, cheddar, salt and pepper - and mix well.
- Divide the egg mixture equally among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.