An omelette wrap that’s perfect for breakfast or dinner!
Don’t you love how a sunny-side up egg looks (pictured below)? It’s so photogenic. You sexy egg, you.
Originally I was going to make this a rolled up wrap, butttt I had too many veggies to get it closed. So, whether it’s a real dish or not, I’m calling this an opened-face wrap. It was delicious and guilt-free considering it had protein and vegetables. I loved adding a drizzle of salsa (for the record, Trader Joes’ Salsa Autentica is fabulous; you must try it!).
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- Handful of chopped onions (probably equals 3 tablespoons worth)
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- Salsa (optional)
- Drizzle the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute the roasted peppers, spinach and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and give it a good toss.
- Crack an egg on top of veggie mixture and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again. Then dice up the omelette with a spatula.
- Serve on top of a whole wheat wrap, with salsa if you like.