Peanut butter, white chocolate chip energy bites packed with oats and wheat germ. Because they taste so amazing, I’m skeptical about calling them a “healthy snack.” So, Hubs and I have been calling them a “healthy dessert.”
You can probably make these during the commercial break of your favorite show, they’re that easy. Mix the ingredients together, refrigerate for an hour, then roll into bite size balls. Because mine were falling apart a bit, I decided to put them in the freezer.
Awesome idea. Because they have the same flair as a frozen Snickers bar. Use whatever chocolate appeals to you – dark, semi-sweet, white chocolate (<these were the only chips in my cupboard).
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 to 2 inch balls and store in the refrigerator or freezer.